|Branding||Fox Sports Radio 1700|
|First air date||March 6, 1998|
8,800 watts day|
880 watts night
|Transmitter coordinates||25°56′57.00″N 97°33′15.00″W / 25.9491667°N 97.5541667°WCoordinates: 25°56′57.00″N 97°33′15.00″W / 25.9491667°N 97.5541667°W|
|Former callsigns||KQXX (1998-2004)|
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio, Premiere Radio Networks, Westwood One|
(Clear Channel Broadcasting Licenses, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KHKZ, KQXX-FM, KTEX, KBFM|
KVNS (1700 AM, Fox Sports Radio 1700) is a radio station broadcasting a sports format. Licensed to Brownsville, Texas, United States, the station is currently owned by iHeartMedia and features programming from Fox News Radio, Premiere Radio Networks and Westwood One. It shares studios with its sister stations, KHKZ, KQXX-FM, KTEX, and KBFM, located close to the KRGV-TV studios in Weslaco, Texas, while its transmitter is located near Brownsville, Texas.
The station was assigned the call letters KQXX on March 6, 1998. On February 26, 2004, the station changed its call sign to the current KVNS. On February 3, 2004, the station was sold to Clear Channel Broadcasting Licenses, and on February 17, 2009, the station was sold to Clear Channel Broadcasting Licenses.
On September 17, 2012, KVNS changed their format from classic hits to sports, with programming from Fox Sports Radio.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Summer 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "KVNS Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "kvns Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "FCC Application". Federal Communications Commission.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KVNS
- Radio-Locator Information on KVNS
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KVNS