Born: July 5, 1991|
Sale attended Bishop Blanchet High School in Seattle, Washington. During his senior year Sale batted .520 with 5 home runs, 6 doubles, and drove in 20 runs. Sale led Washington state with 13 home runs as a junior. The Tampa Bay Rays selected Sale in the first round, with the 17th overall selection, of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft. Sale was one of three Seattle area players selected by the Rays in the first three rounds of the draft, the others being Drew Vettleson and Ryan Brett.
In August 2012, Sale was suspended for fifty games for the use of banned stimulants. On May 29, 2013, the Rays suspended Sale for conduct detrimental to the organization regarding an incident involving a post on Facebook regarding a visit to a strip club. He was suspended yet again in August 2014 for a second drug violation.
- "Bishop Blanchet (Seattle) sluggers Jake Lamb and Josh Sale may not have a ton in common off the field, but when it comes to baseball they're on the same page. - ESPN". Espn.go.com. June 16, 2009. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- "Fourth Hot Rod suspended by baseball - Bowling Green Daily News: Sports". Bgdailynews.com. August 28, 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Jose Sale suspended by Tampa Bay Rays - ESPN". Espn.go.com. May 30, 2013. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Rays minor leaguer Josh Sale is suspended. Again". August 12, 2014.
- Topkin, Marc (February 27, 2015). "Rays right to cut ties with ex-top pick Josh Sale". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)