In November 2014, during his visit to the UAE, Uhuru Kenyatta the President of Kenya discussed ways with King Abdullah II of Jordan to combat extremism and asked for Jordan's expertise in the matter. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who is the Vice President of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai was present. Kenyatta also visited Aqqaba, Jordan, where he attended a summit featuring various other international leaders. He also discussed the same bilateral issues therein.
Kenya is considered the third largest non Arab African market in the continent and an important business gateway to the African Great Lakes region by Jordan. It is also one of the major nontraditional markets and important to access the wider COMESA market.
(All currency is in US$ )
|Year||Imports (to Kenya
|Exports (to Jordan
The embassy of Kenya in Cairo accredited to Jordan.
- . Uhuru holds security talks with UAE, Jordanian leaders. Retrieved on 17 May 2015.
- . Uhuru in Talks With the King of Jordan. Retrieved on 17 May 2015.
- . Jordan eyeing free trade accords with Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia. Retrieved on 17 May 2015.
- . Jordan commercial ties with Kenya. Retrieved on 17 May 2015.
- . Embassy of the Republic of Kenya | Cairo | About us. Retrieved on 17 May 2015.