Joan Canning, 1st Viscountess Canning
- George Charles Canning (1801–1820), died from consumption
- William Pitt Canning (1802–1828), died from drowning in Madeira, Portugal
- Harriet Canning (1804–1876), married the 1st Marquess of Clanricarde
- Charles Canning (later 2nd Viscount Canning and 1st Earl Canning) (1812–1862)
On 22 January 1828, nearly six months after the death of her husband, Joan was created 1st Viscountess Canning of Kilbraham, with a special remainder to the heirs male of her late husband.
- Lundy, Darryl (14 October 2011). "Person Page".
- Temperley, Harold (July 1930). "Joan Canning on Her Husband's Policy and Ideas". The English Historical Review. 45 (179). pp. 409–426.
The Countess of Liverpool
| Spouse of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
The Viscountess Goderich
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation|| Viscountess Canning