Wolfe in 2009
February 26, 1974
|Residence||Manhattan, New York City|
|Education||Binghamton University SUNY-Geneseo|
|Occupation||NBC News Anchor and Correspondent, Fitness expert and Personal trainer, First Things First on Fox Sports 1 (FS1)|
Weekend Today |
news anchor (2012–2014)
Lifestyle and fitness correspondent (2014–2015)
Jenna Wolfe (born Jennifer Wolfeld; February 26, 1974) is an American journalist and personal trainer. From 2007–2014 she was a correspondent for NBC's Today, and Sunday co-anchor from (2007–2012) and news anchor for Weekend Today from 2012–2014. On September 12, 2014, Wolfe left the weekend Today show for a new role as lifestyle and fitness correspondent on the weekday Today show and NBC News.
In September 2017, Wolfe began working for Fox Sports on FS1 as a host of the new show "First Things First" with former NFL wide receiver Cris Carter and radio host Nick Wright. She was also a field correspondent for Yellowstone Live on National Geographic.
Early life and education
Wolfe was born in Kingston, Jamaica, and grew up in Pétion-Ville, Haiti. Her father, Bennet Wolfeld, was a Puerto Rican Jew who was born and raised in Puerto Rico. He owned a chain of leather factories in Puerto Rico and moved to Jamaica with his wife when he expanded his operations. Her mother, Sheila Greenfeld, was an American Jew from New Jersey. Wolfe had a religious upbringing and had her bat mitzvah while living in the islands.
She moved from Jamaica to Haiti when she was five. In 1989, her family moved to the United States. Wolfe attended SUNY Geneseo from 1992 to 1994. She graduated from Binghamton University with Bachelor of Arts degrees in French and English in 1996.
From 2004 to 2007, she was the weekend morning sports anchor for WABC's Eyewitness News in New York City where she had a special segment called "Jenna's Beef," in which she editorialized an event from the world of sports that week. Prior to that, she worked for the Madison Square Garden Network, WPHL-TV in Philadelphia as the first female sportscaster, WICZ-TV in Binghamton, New York, WUHF-TV in Rochester, New York, and the Today Show as an intern. Aside from her journalistic duties, Wolfe has appeared as a judge on Food Network's Iron Chef America.
- 1996-1998: WICZ-TV
- 1998-1999: WUHF-TV
- 1999-2002: WPHL-TV
- 2002-2004: Madison Square Garden Network
- 2004–2007: WABC-TV weekend morning sports anchor
- 2007–2015: NBC News
- 2017-present: FS1 - First Things First host
Wolfe speaks English, French and Haitian Creole. On March 27, 2013, Wolfe publicly came out as a lesbian and announced that she was expecting her first child with her partner, NBC News Correspondent Stephanie Gosk. Wolfe and Gosk welcomed a girl named Harper Estelle Wolfeld-Gosk on August 21, 2013. Their second daughter, Quinn Lily, was born on February 4, 2015.
- Lewis, Hilary (September 12, 2014). "NBC's Jenna Wolfe Leaving Weekend 'Today' for New Role on Weekday Edition – The Hollywood Reporter". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- Jenna Wolfe msnbc.msn.com
- Today Show: "Lester and Jenna trace their Jamaican roots" Aired on September 09, 2012
- Jamaica Observer: "JAMAICAN ON A MISSION: Jenna Wolfe" July 29, 2012
- Bloom, Nate (October 20, 2008). "Jewish Stars". Cleveland Jewish News.
- Irwin, David, "NBC Sunday TODAY Show to Air Feature on Co-host's Return to SUNY Geneseo", SUNY Geneseo Press Release, September 24, 2009
- Jessica Alba, on Jessica Alba: How I Handle the Paparazzi (March 14, 2012). "Baby Girl on the Way for Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids – Moms & Babies – People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- TODAY.com staff (August 22, 2013). "Jenna Wolfe, Stephanie Gosk welcome baby girl". TODAY.com. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Kim, Eun Kyung (February 5, 2015). "Congratulations! Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk welcome baby girl". TODAY.com. Retrieved January 21, 2017.
- Jenna Wolfe's All Day Debut
- "Ch. 2 lifts anchors for new shifts". New York Daily news. June 22, 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Former Intern Returns To "Today", On-Air". Mediabistro.com. August 13, 2007. Archived from the original on May 31, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- Jenna Wolfe Assisting Home Renovators