|Star Jalsha Movies (স্টার জলসা মুভিজ)|
|Launched||16 December 2012|
|Owned by||STAR India|
576i (SDTV), |
|Slogan||বাংলার সবচেয়ে বড় সিনেমা হল (The Largest Cinema Hall of West Bengal)|
Jalsha Movies HDSTAR Jalsha
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 1319|
|Airtel digital TV (India)||Channel 773|
|Dish TV(India)||Channel 1431 (SD), Channel 1430(HD)|
Star Jalsha Movies (স্টার জলসা মুভিজ) the No.1 Bengali language Movie channel operated by STAR India. STAR India launched the 24-hour channel on 16 December 2012, after their earlier Bengali-language channel, Star Jalsha, was well received. The Channel launched its HD feed on 14 April 2016. Catch the Latest season of Vivo IPL exclusively on Jalsha Movies from 7th April onwards.
This is a list of top two Bangla movie channels in India as per Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) ratings.
|Rank||Channel name||Weekly ratings (000s) |
Week 42 (2017)
Star India's earlier television channel, Star Jalsha (launched in September 2008), was well received, prompting the network to launch a 24-hour Bengali movie channel, Jalsha Movies. Jalsha Movies was launched on 16 December 2012. At the time there were three other Bengali language movie channels: Planet M Cinema, Sony Aath and Zee Bangla Cinema.
To promote the new channel, Star put 400 promotional hoardings (billboards) in Kolkata in a campaign created by Ogilvy & Mather. Bengali actor Dev was selected as brand ambassador. ITC Vivel became the lead partner of the channel.
At the time of launch Kevin Vaz, the channel's president and general manager, stated that he expected the channel to be successful and have "a good mix of advertisers". Mahendra Soni of Shree Venkatesh Films considered the channel good for the West Bengal entertainment industry, feelings echoed by film producer Srikant Mohta.
The first film telecast on Jalsha Movies was Awara (2012). At launch the channel had a library of 350 movies, 80 percent of which were recent productions. The channel also signed a 5-year contract with Shree Venkatesh Films to air their films exclusively; Vaz said that this guaranteed Jalsha Movies would have at least "60-70 per cent of Bengali movies and ... all the recent hits in past 5-7 years going forward."
Proti Robibar Premiere
(Every Sunday TV Premiere) Sunday @ 1pm
- "Star bets on Bengali blockbusters with Jalsha Movies". Campaign India. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "STAR to launch Bengali movie channel Jalsha Movies". Business Standard. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "STAR Jalsha to launch new Bengali movie channel, 'Jalsha Movies'". Media Avatar. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Top five Bangla Channels". BARC India=Week 42, 2017.
- "Star Network to launch Jalsha Movies". Exchange4Media. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Jalsha Movies to set pace in the Bengali movie channel space". Indian Television (website). Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Star to launch HD versions of Bengali channels | TelevisionPost.com". www.televisionpost.com. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- "Television". Indian Television Dot Com. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
Catjibon jyoti and kusum dola egory:Star Indiaphagun bou.