Jack Smith (outfielder)
Born: June 23, 1895|
Died: May 2, 1972 76) (aged|
|September 30, 1915, for the St. Louis Cardinals|
|Last MLB appearance|
|July 7, 1929, for the Boston Braves|
|Runs batted in||382|
Jack Smith (June 23, 1895 – May 2, 1972) was a center fielder/right fielder in Major League Baseball who played for the St. Louis Cardinals (1915–1926) and Boston Braves (1926-1929). Smith batted and threw left-handed. He was born in Chicago.
Smith died in Westchester, Illinois, at the age of 76.
- Collected 228 stolen bases
- 6-times stole 20 or more bases (a career-high 32 in 1923)
- Posted six .300 seasons (four straight, in 1920-23)
- Had five straight hits as a pinch-hitter (1917)
- Led National League with nine pinch-hits (1928)
- As a right fielder, made an unassisted double play (August 25, 1925)