16 March 1958|
Zagreb, Croatia (then part of FPR Yugoslavia)
|Spouse(s)||Sanja Petrušić Goldstein|
|Children||Tesa Goldstein, Vera Ana Goldstein|
Ivo Goldstein (born 16 March 1958) is a Croatian historian, author and ambassador.
He received his PhD in history at the University of Zagreb. Since 2001 he is a full professor at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Zagreb. His area of expertise is Byzantium and Croatian history in the Middle Ages, especially the early Middle Ages, as well as history of the Jews in Croatia and the Croatian history of 20th century.
He is former president of Bet Israel, a Jewish community in Zagreb, which he founded with his father, historian Slavko Goldstein. They are both involved with the reconstruction of the Zagreb Synagogue.
In 2012 Goldstein was named as ambassador of Croatia to France and UNESCO. In 2017, his term as ambassador to France ended when he was succeeded by professional diplomat Filip Vučak, but he still remains ambassador to UNESCO.
- Bizant na Jadranu (1992)
- Hrvatski rani srednji vijek (1995)
- Croatia: A History (1999) [London: Hurst & Company]
- Holokaust u Zagrebu (2001)
- Židovi u Zagrebu 1918.-1941. (2005)
- Europa i Sredozemlje u srednjem vijeku (2006)
- Hrvatska 1918.-2008.(2008)
- Tito (2015)
- "Croatian Jews hope elections will end area's isolation". Jweekly.com. 7 January 2000. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- Pandža, Gordan (15 September 2006). "Sinagogu u Zagrebu gradit će obje općine" (PDF). Vjesnik (in Croatian). Retrieved 17 May 2009.
- Selimović, Š. (7 September 2012). "Rošade u diplomaciji: Grubiša u Rim, Goldstein u Pariz". Slobodna Dalmacija (in Croatian). Retrieved 30 June 2013.