Information Sources in Law
Information Sources in Law is a book.
The first edition was edited by R G Logan and published by Butterworths in 1986. It is part of the series which was then known as Butterworths Guides to Information Sources. It consists of twenty-three chapters attributed to twenty contributors. The subject-matter of these chapters ranges from the general to the specialized. A book on legal research describes Information Sources in Law as being "not as useful for present purposes" as the title promises. Information Sources in Law is "detailed" and its contributors are "leading experts".
The second edition was edited by Jules Winterton and Elizabeth M Moys and published by Bowker-Saur in 1997. The series of which it was part was now known as Guides to Information Sources. It is "completely revised". It focuses on Europe, and deals with more than thirty of its jurisdictions.
- Logan, R G (editor). Information Sources in Law. Butterworths. London. 1986. ISBN 0 408 11474 6.
- Winterton, Jules; Moys, Elizabeth M (editors). Information Sources in Law. Second Edition. Bowker-Saur. 1997. ISBN 1 85739 041 5. Preview from Google Books. De Gruyter.
- Munday, Roderick. "Book Reviews" (1986) 45 Cambridge Law Journal 357 - 358. JSTOR.
- "Information Sources in Law, editor: R G Logan". The Law Society Gazette. 10 September 1986. Digitised copy
- Tickle, Teresa. "Reference Books of 1997 - 1998: A Selection" (Autumn 1999) Slavic Review. Vol 58, No 3. Pages 723 - 724. JSTOR.
- (1998) 29 The Law Librarian 124 (Google Books)
- Peter Clinch. Legal Information: What it is and Where to Find it. Second Edition. Aslib. 2005. ISBN 0 85142 445 7. Google Books.
- See both editions of the book.
- Pechota, Vratislav. Szladits' Bibliography on Foreign and Comparative Law: Books and Articles in English 1984 - 1986. Published for the Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law by Oceana Publications Inc. Dobbs Ferry, New York. 1990. ISBN 0 379 14068 3. Volume I (Nos 1 - 10669). No 999 at page 45.
- Tunkel, Victor. Legal Research: Law-Finding and Problem-Solving. Blackstone Press Limited. 1992. ISBN 1 85431 171 9. Page 138.
- Jean Dane, Phillip Aneurin Thomas, Grainne Smith. How to Use a Law Library. Sweet & Maxwell. London. 1987. ISBN 978 04213 6030 3. Paragraph 6-35 at page 136. See also paragraph 6-42 at page 137. Google Books.
- See the book.
- Helen F Sullivan and Robert H Burger. Russia and Eastern Europe: A Bibliographic Guide to English-Language Publications, 1992-1999. Libraries Unlimited. 2001. ISBN 1 56308 736 7. Paragraph 296 at page 84. Digitized copy from Google Books.
- Marci Hoffman and Mary Rumsey. International and Foreign Legal Research: A Coursebook. Second Edition. Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. 2012. ISBN 978 90 04 20480 5. Page 141. See also page 60.
- Jeanne Rehberg and Radu D Popa (editors). Accidental Tourist on the New Frontier: A Introductory Guide to Global Legal Research. Fred B Rothman Publications. 1998. Second Printing 1999. ISBN 0 8377 1075 8. Page 106. Digitized copy from Google Books.