30th Anniversary issue of India Today
Madhu Trehan (founding editor)
|First issue||1–15 December 1975|
|Based in||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
India Today was established in 1975 by Vidya Vilas Purie (owner of Thompson Press), with his daughter Madhu Trehan as its editor and his son Aroon Purie as its publisher. At present, India Today is also published in Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu. The India Today news channel was launched on 22 May 2015.
- "India Today Group". India Today Group. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- Douglas Bullis (1997). Selling to India's Consumer Market. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 46. ISBN 978-1-56720-105-5. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- The Far East and Australasia 2003. Psychology Press. 2002. p. 490. ISBN 978-1-85743-133-9. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- Bhandare, Namita. "70's: The decade of innocence" Archived 2012-08-17 at the Wayback Machine..Hindustan Times. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "India's Top 50 Influentials". Daily News and Analysis (DNA). 1 January 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Ray, Shantanu Ray (18 October 2017). "Aroon Purie hands over reins of India Today to daughter Kallie; appoints her as group vice-chairperson". First Post. Retrieved 5 December 2017.