|Launched||17 April 2000|
|Owned by||Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||The Home of TV Shopping|
Create and Craft
Channel 22 (Ideal World)|
Channel 23 (Create and Craft)
Channel 812 (Ideal World)|
Channel 813 (Create and Craft)
Channel 664 (Ideal World)|
Channel 671 (Ideal Extra)
Channel 683 (Create and Craft)
Channel 684 (Craft Extra)
|Astra 2F||11307 H 27500 2/3 (Ideal World, Ideal Extra, Create and Craft & Craft Extra)|
Channel 747 (Ideal World)|
Channel 748 (Create and Craft)
Channel 44 (Ideal Extra)|
Channel 48 (Ideal World)
Channel 49 (Craft Extra)
Channel 64 (Create and Craft)
Ideal World is a TV shopping channel in the UK whose sister shopping channels include Ideal Extra, Create and Craft and Craft Extra. It is owned by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited. The channel broadcasts from studios in Peterborough.
Ideal World offer their customers a 14-day money back trial period, whereas rival QVC offer 30-day.
In 2011 the company was delisted from the AIM stock market, after acquisition by private equity company Inflexion. The company was subsequently sold to Blackstone private equity in 2015.
Ideal World was bought out by Aurelius Alpha Ltd in July 2018, Aurelius originally owned Bid tv for 4 years between 2009 and 2013.
In May 2013 Ideal World became the subject of a BBC Watchdog investigation after viewer complaints about non-delivery of goods and allegedly poor quality of some products. Customers also alleged that complaints to Ideal World customer services either went unanswered or were not satisfactory. The Watchdog investigation followed claims by the Daily Mirror online that complaints about Ideal World submitted to its blog had "passed the 100 mark".
- "About Us-Ideal World". Ideal World. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Licence details for Ideal World". Ofcom. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2007.
- "About Us | Create and Craft". www.createandcraft.tv. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- Ideal World Returns & Refunds Retrieved 19 September 2017
- QVC Why shop with us Retrieved 19 September 2017
- http://www.inflexion.com/news_and_press/inflexion_invests_in_ideal_shopping_direct_plc Inflexion invests in Ideal Shopping Direct plc
- "Ideal World: A shopping channel that's not so ideal?". BBC. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "Ideal World: the complaints mount up". Daily Mirror online.