Huey P. Long Field House
|Huey P. Long Field House|
Huey P. Long Field House on the LSU campus
|Architectural style||Italian Renaissance|
|Location||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Coordinates||30°24′54″N 91°10′59″W / 30.41506°N 91.18295°WCoordinates: 30°24′54″N 91°10′59″W / 30.41506°N 91.18295°W|
|Owner||Louisiana State University|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Weiss, Dreyfous and Seiferth|
Huey P. Long Fieldhouse
|Part of||Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge (#88001586)|
|Designated CP||September 15, 1988|
Huey P. Long Field House, on the campus of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was constructed in 1932. It was named for notable U.S. Senator and state governor Huey Long. The field house is considered the original student union and included a post office, ballroom, gymnasium and also featured the largest swimming pool in the United States at the time.
The field house was home to the LSU Tigers and LSU Lady Tigers swimming and diving teams until the LSU Natatorium was built in 1985. The former LSU varsity hockey team used the field house as their home venue and the former LSU Tigers boxing team also held matches at the field house in addition to Parker Coliseum.