Howard County Courthouse (Nebraska)
Howard County Courthouse
|Location||Indian St. between 6th and 7th Sts., St. Paul, Nebraska|
|Coordinates||41°12′54″N 98°27′26″W / 41.21500°N 98.45722°WCoordinates: 41°12′54″N 98°27′26″W / 41.21500°N 98.45722°W|
|Area||2 acres (0.81 ha)|
|Architect||Berlinghof & Davis; Berlinghof,George A.|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival|
|MPS||County Courthouses of Nebraska MPS|
|NRHP reference #||89002233|
|Added to NRHP||January 10, 1990|
The Howard County Courthouse, on Indian St. between 6th and 7th Sts. in St. Paul, Nebraska, was built in 1912. It was designed by Berlinghof & Davis and George A. Berlinghof in Classical Revival style.
It is a four-story building made of brick and of Bedford, Indiana limestone.
It was deemed significant architecturally and for its association with local politics and government of Howard County, Nebraska. It was asserted to be "an important example" of Nebraska architect George A. Berlinghof's work, in this case as part of Berlinghof & Davis; it included features later used by Berlinghof in the Greeley County Courthouse and the Franklin County Courthouse and therefore demonstrated "the evolution of his designs."
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Barbara Beving Long (November 8, 1989). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Howard County Courthouse / HW11-38". National Park Service. and accompanying five photos from 1989