Hovhannes Draskhanakerttsi (Armenian: Հովհաննես Դրասխանակերտցի, John of Drasxanakert, i.e. Gyumri, various spellings) was Catholicos of Armenia from 897 to 925, and a noted chronicler and historian. He is called John V the Historian, and is known for his History of Armenia. It was printed at the end of the seventeenth century. There is a recent English translation (1987) by Krikor Maksoudian.
After returning the Catholicosate to Dvin since it had been reclaimed from the Arabs, he moved it again to Vaspurakan around 924. According to local traditions, Hovhannes was buried in Vaspurakan at either Joroy Vank or in the monastery of Akhtamar.
- The title Patmutiun Hayots is generic.
- ... an important source on the Arab period...
- In , under John Catholicos.
- Maksoudian's translation of Yovhannes Drasxanakertc'i
- English translation of the History of Armenia - mirror if main site is unavailable
- Yovhannes Drasxanakertc'i history of Armenia - details of published book
| Catholicos of the Holy See of St. Echmiadzin and All Armenians
Stephen II of Armenia