|Founded||16 April 2014|
|Commenced operations||21 May 2016|
|Hubs||Kunming Changshui International Airport|
|Destinations||7 (August 2017)|
|Headquarters||Kunming, Yunnan, China|
|Key people||Tang Longcheng, chairman|
Yunnan Hongtu Airlines Co., Ltd., branded as Hongtu Airlines, is a Chinese airline operating domestic flights from its Kunming Changshui International Airport hub in Yunnan Province. The airline launched operations in May 2016.
Hongtu Airlines received preliminary approval from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) on 26 March 2015. In October 2015, the airline's livery was revealed. The red color represents the famous red earth of Dongchuan District in Yunnan Province; in fact, Hongtu in the airline's name translates to red soil.
On 22 December 2015, Hongtu Airlines took delivery of its first aircraft, an Airbus A321 originally destined for UTair Aviation. The aircraft is named Dai after the Dai people, an ethnic minority in Yunnan Province. Hongtu Airlines held an inauguration ceremony on 20 May 2016 and began flights the following day, with the inaugural flight operating between Kunming and Nanchang.
Hongtu Airlines is headquartered near Kunming Changshui International Airport. The airline is a joint venture between Kunming Evergreen Financing (30%); local entrepreneur Tang Longcheng (20%); and five other companies, each holding 10%. The parties have invested a total of CNY600 million (USD96.6 million) in the airline.
|Gansu||Lanzhou||Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport|
|Inner Mongolia||Hohhot||Hohhot Baita International Airport|
|Jiangsu||Nanjing||Nanjing Lukou International Airport|
|Jiangsu||Wuxi||Sunan Shuofang International Airport|
|Jiangsu||Nantong||Nantong Xingdong Airport|
|Jiangxi||Nanchang||Nanchang Changbei International Airport|
|Jilin||Changchun||Changchun Longjia International Airport|
|Yunnan||Kunming||Kunming Changshui International Airport||Base|
- "红航简介". Hongtu Airlines (in Chinese). Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Yunnan Hongtu Airlines receives preliminary CAAC approval". CAPA - Centre for Aviation. 30 March 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "Photos: Livery of China's Startup Hongtu Airlines Unveiled on an Airbus A321". China Aviation Daily. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- " China's Hongtu Airlines takes delivery of maiden aircraft". Ch-aviation. 28 December 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "Photos: Hongtu Airlines' First A321 Aircraft Touches Down at Kunming Airport". China Aviation Daily. 23 December 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Xu, Rejoice (19 May 2016). "China's Start-up Hongtu Airlines Starts Operation in Kunming". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Yunnan Hongtu Airlines launches inaugural operation with 95% load". CAPA - Centre for Aviation. 23 May 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "联系我们" [Contact us]. Hongtu Airlines (in Chinese). Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- "Profile on Yunnan Hongtu Airlines". CAPA Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 11.
- "China's Hongtu Airlines adds maiden A320". ch-aviation. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2017.