Highland Road Community Park
|Highland Road Community Park|
|Location||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Coordinates||30°20′55″N 91°04′37″E / 30.3486°N 91.0769°ECoordinates: 30°20′55″N 91°04′37″E / 30.3486°N 91.0769°E|
|Area||144.04 acres (0.5829 km2)|
|Status||Open all year|
Highland Road Community Park or Highland Road Park, is a 144.4-acre (0.584 km2) public park in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Recreation and Park Commission for the Parish of East Baton Rouge (BREC) owns and operates the park.
The boat launch at the park provides paddling access to Bayou Fountain and Bayou Manchac.
Highland Road Park Observatory
The Highland Road Park Observatory sponsored by BREC, the LSU Department of Physics and Astronomy and the Baton Rouge Astronomical Society is located on the south side of the Park.
Recreation Center and playground area
Rugby and soccer
The Baton Rouge Rugby Football Club field and soccer field is located in the northern field of the park next to the recreation center.
- "Highland Road Community Park". brec.org. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "BREC General Info". brec.org. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Cross Country to Host LSU Invitational". lsusports.net. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Updates to BREC's park on Highland Road include disc golf, fitness center, walking and bike paths". nola.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Highland Road Park Observatory". bro.lsu.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Highland Road park latest in Baton Rouge to undergo makeover, with new splash pad and other amenities". theadvocate.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "USA Club Rugby: Geographical Unions". usarugby.org/. Retrieved 2017-11-23.