Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone
|Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone|
|07:35, 5 September 2018 HADT [refresh]|
|Observance of DST|
|DST is observed in some of this time zone.|
The Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone observes Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time (HST), by subtracting ten hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−10:00). The clock time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 150th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory.
French Polynesia uses UTC−10 for its major cities. The Cook Islands also use the same time. These areas do not use DST. "Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone" is a U.S. term and for that reason the Polynesian areas are not considered to be a part of the Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone.
Major metropolitan areas
Other significant places
- ""U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual: An official guide to the form and style of Federal Government printing"" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office. 2008. p. 234. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
Time zones §9.47. The following forms are to be used when abbreviating names of time zones: ... HDT—Hawaii-Aleutian daylight time (not observed in HI) ... HST—Hawaii-Aleutian standard time
- ""What are the time zones in the United States?"". National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Commerce. 2016. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
Hawaii-Aleutian (HT); HST -10; HDT -9; DST observed in Aleutian Islands, but not Hawaii
- "Sources for Time Zone and Daylight Saving Time Data". Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- HST – Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time
- HDT – Hawaii–Aleutian Daylight Time
- The official U.S. time for the Hawaii–Aleutian time zone (Hawaii) dead link
- The official U.S. time for the Hawaii–Aleutian time zone (Aleutian Islands) dead link
- What are the time zones in the United States? (NIST)
- Hawaiian-Aleutian zone at Cornell
Time zones in North America
|Time zone||Hours from UTC: Standard time||Hours from UTC: Daylight saving time|
|Hawaii–Aleutian (in Hawaii)||–10||–10|
|Hawaii–Aleutian (in Alaska)||–10||–9|
|Mountain (Arizona and Sonora only)||–7||–7|
|Mountain (other states/provinces)||–7||–6|
|Central (Saskatchewan only)||–6||–6|
|Central (other states/provinces)||–6||–5|
|Eastern (parts of Nunavut and the Caribbean)||–5||–5|
|Eastern (other states/provinces)||–5||–4|
|Atlantic (Natashquan River)||–4||–4|
|Atlantic (other states/provinces)||–4||–3|
|Saint Pierre and Miquelon
and most of Greenland