Haryana Seeds Development Corporation
|State Government Undertaking|
|Industry||Agriculture and Seeds|
|Headquarters||Panchkula, Haryana, India|
|Owner||Government of Haryana|
Haryana Seeds Development Corporation was established to quality seeds at affordable price in Haryana state for farmers. HSDC has a Seed Testing Lab at Umri for testing seed samples to measure quality.
Winter: Wheat, Gram, Lentil, Barley, Toria, Mustard.
Summer: Cotton, Guar, Bajra, Paddy, Arhar, Til, Moth, Moong, Urad, Maize.
Winter: Peas, Carrot, Palak, Methi, Radish, Turnip, Coriander, Onion, Tomato, Bitter Gourd, Capsicum, Potato.
Summer: Muskmelon, Bhindi, Tinda, Bottle Gourd, Sponge Gourd, Bitter Gourd, Cucumber, Brinjal, Chillies, Tomato.
Plants and offices
Haryana Seeds Development Corporation has six Seed processing plants at Umri, Hisar, Sirsa, Yamuna Nagar, Tohana and Pataudi in Haryana state. HSDC has one Marketing Office at Bhiwani, Haryana and 74 Sale Counters.
In year 2013, Managing Director Khemka has demand of Central Bureau of Investigation inquiry on purchase nearly 10,000 tonnes of wheat seeds from private suppliers, which was started on 18 October 2013.
HSDC has received the "Second Best Productivity Performance Award" from National Productivity Council of India in the year 2004.
- "The Company was incorporated in September 1974 with a view to provide quality seeds at reasonable prices to the farmers in Haryana - Audit Report Commercial for the year ended 31 March 2002" (PDF). Principal Accountants General Haryana.
- Seeds produced & procured by Haryana Seed Development Corporation.
- "Farmer's Welfare Scheme - Input Scheme". hsamb.gov.in.
- "HSDC places order for Raxil, but with riders". The Indian Express. 31 March 2013.
- "CBI begins inquiry into Khemka's complaint on seed supply". The Hindu. 18 October 2013.