Harish Chandra Sarin
|Harish Chandra Sarin|
May 27, 1914|
Deoria, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Died||January 27, 1997 82)(aged|
|Occupation||Civil servant, writer|
|Known for||Defence Secretary (India)|
Harish Chandra Sarin (1914–1997) was an Indian civil servant, writer and the defence secretary of India. He assumed office on November 3, 1968 and held the position until December 7, 1970. He was the author of the book, Defence and Development.
Sarin was born on May 27, 1914 at Deoria in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh and was an alumnus of Cambridge University. He held the position of the Defence Secretary past his retirement age. Sarin, who was married to Pushpa Rathore, died on January 27, 1997. The Government of India awarded him Padma Vibhushan, the second highest Indian civilian award, in 1967. He was also a recipient of the First Special IMF Award of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation in 1993.
- "HC Sarin - Department Of Defence". mod.gov.in. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Defence Secretaries of India". Ministry of Defence, Government of India. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Harish Chandra Sarin (1979). Defence and Development. United Service Institution of India.
- "IN MEMORIAM - Himalayan Journal volume 53-19". www.himalayanclub.org. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Padma Awards". Padma Awards. Government of India. 2018-05-17. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
| Defence Secretary (India)