Green mango chutney
|Place of origin||Indian|
|Main ingredients||Raw mango|
|This article is part of the series|
Green mango chutney, also known as raw mango chutney, is an Indian chutney prepared from unripe mangoes. Ripe mangoes are sweet and are not used for chutneys as they are eaten raw. Green unripe mangoes are hard and sour, and they are cooked as chutneys. Mango chutneys are tangy in taste.
The main ingredients in green mango chutney are chopped raw mangoes and a mixture of cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds. An Australian variation of the dish features raisins and apples.
- "Green Mango Chutney". Yahoo lifestyle.
- "Recipe: Raw mango chutney". Times Of India.
- "Make your own: Mango Chutney". Mother Nature Network.
- "Spiced Mango Chutney With Chiles". New York Times.
- "Annette's custom green mango chutney". Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- "Mango chutney". Special Broadcasting Service.