Grand Masters and Lieutenancies of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre
The Order of the Holy Sepulchre and the Sovereign Military Order of Malta are the only two institutions whose insignia may be displayed in a clerical coat of arms. Laypersons have no such restrictions.
|Heraldry of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre|
|Coat of arms||Office||Description|
|Clerics||Clerics quarter their Arms with those of the Order.|
|Patriarch Grand Prior and Assessor||The Arms of the Order are borne in Chief.|
|Knights / Dames of the Collar, Lieutenants, members of the Grand Magisteruim, and Grand Priors||The Arms are impaled with the Arms of the Order to the dexter.|
|Lay members of titled nobility||The Arms of lay members with recognised noble titles (as with those of Archbishops, Bishops and Prelates) are placed on the Cross of the Order, a privilege which is not transmissible.|
|Hierarchy of the Order|
|Cardinal Grand Master||The Cardinal Grand Master's Arms are quartered with those of the Order. The Galero and cross of a Cardinal are used, with the Mantle of the Order surmounted with the helm and crest of the Order, and with the relevant external ornaments.|
|Patriarch Grand Prior and the Assessor||The Patriarch Grand Prior and the Assessor bear the Arms of the Order in the chief of his Arms, with the relevant external ornaments.|
|Knight / Dame of the Collar, Lieutenants, members of the Grand Magisterium, and Grand Priors||The Arms are impaled with the Arms of the Order to the dexter. Knights of the Collar surround the Arms with the Collar of the Order.|
|Knight / Dame Grand Cross||The Arms are surrounded with a black ribbon from which is suspended a trophy and the Cross of the Order.|
|Knight / Dame Commanders with Star / Grand Officers||The Cross of the Order is suspended from a trophy on a black ribbon coming from the sides of the shield.|
|Knight / Dame Commanders||The Cross of the Order is suspended from a black ribbon limited to the base of the shield.|
|Knights and Dames||The Cross of the Order is suspended from the shield with a simple black knot.|
|Cardinal Grand Masters |
of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre
|Years||Coat of arms||Name|
|1972-1988||Maximilien de Furstenberg|
|2007-2011||John Patrick Foley|
The officers of the grand magisterium are based in Rome.
- Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, Grand Prior
- Antonio Franco (Archbishop), Assessor
- Conte Agostino Borromeo, Lieutenant General
- Conte Leonardo Visconti di Modrone, Governor General
- Patrick D. Powers, Vice-Governor General for North America
- Giorgio Moroni Stampa, Vice-Governor General for Europe
- Paul Bartley, Vice-Governor General for Asia and the Pacific region
- Alfredo Bastianelli, Chancellor.
The offices of the grand magisterium are situated in the headquarters in Rome.
Alois Kothgasser, Archbishop Emeritus of Salzburg
Seán Cardinal Brady, Archbishop Emeritus of Armagh
Regent ad interim and Grand Prior:
Monsignor Héctor Aguer, Archbishop of La Plata
|United States - Western:
Michael Scott Feeley
Archbishop Jose Horacio Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles
|Australia - New South Wales:|
Glen John Coorey
Cardinal George Pell
|Source : Official website|
- Official website page 1
- "Il Gran Magistero dell'Ordine Equestre del Santo Sepolcro di Gerusalemme". Vatican.va. Archived from the original on 2015-12-21. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "The Grand Magisterium's 2016 Autumn Meeting". www.oessh.va. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Il Gran Magistero dell'Ordine Equestre del Santo Sepolcro di Gerusalemme".