The main powers of the State Council:
- Preparation of the State Council meeting to help the leadership and organization of the State Council meeting make decisions on state matters
- To help the leadership and council in the preparation or implement audit and releasing documents
- To consult and report to the leaders of the State Council for approval in regards to audits carried out at the State Council level departments, municipalities, provinces, autonomous region, autonomous region.
- Advise the state council on sensitive issues between the departments under the State Council.
- Manage the relationship between the central government and local government authorities on the implementation on state council directives.
- Help the State Council coordinate in national emergencies and major crises.
- Public relations from the people directly