|Original author(s)||Enrico Tröger|
|Initial release||October 19, 2005|
1.33 / February 25, 2018
|Written in||C, C++|
|Size||14 MB (Windows)|
|License||GNU GPL v2 or later|
It is free software licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL version 2 or later. In 2012, the version number was increased to 1.22 from 0.21 to reflect the maturity of the product, as requested by many users.
- Multiple document support
- Simple project management
- Syntax highlighting
- Code folding (partially)
- Symbol lists
- Code navigation
- Embedded terminal emulator
- Build system to compile and execute code using external tools
- Extensible via plugins
- Column / block / vertical select (via SHIFT + CTRL + arrow keys)
- User configurable keyboard action to editor function mapping
- Comparison of integrated development environments
Free software portal
- "geany/geany: A fast and lightweight IDE". GitHub. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "GNU General Public License : Version 2, June 1991". Geany.svn.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Fast, powerful Geany editor offers IDE features". Linux.com. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "geany.darwinports.com". geany.darwinports.com. Archived from the original on 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "geany.org". geany.org. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- "Geany : All Filetypes". Geany. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Geany news archive".
Many users told us our version numbers didn't reflect the maturity of Geany to their eyes, and wished it to be changed to reflect that. So after some discussion we decided to rename this version 1.22 instead of 0.22.
- "Freelancer's Playground! | Using Geany's VTE". Bayu.freelancer.web.id. 2008-08-26. Retrieved 2014-02-03.