Friedrich Gottlieb Bartling
He studied natural sciences at the University of Göttingen, and in 1818 took a botanical journey through Hungary and Croatia. In 1822 he became a lecturer at Göttingen, where he later became a professor. In 1837 he was appointed director of its botanical garden.
- De litoribus ac insulis maris Liburnici (1820).
- Ordines naturales plantarum (1830).
- Flora der österreichischen Küstenländer, (Flora of the Austrian coastal area), (1825).
- Vegetabilia cellularia in Germania septentrionali praesertim in Hercynia et in agro Gottingensi lecta (1834 and 1836), with Georg Ernst Ludwig Hampe (1795–1880).
- Bartling, Friedrich Georg (Gottlieb) at Deutsche Biographie
- CRC World Dictionary of Plant Names: Common Names, Scientific ..., Volume 1 By Umberto Quattrocchi
- IPNI. Bartl.
- Parts of this article are based on a translation of an equivalent article at the German Wikipedia.