Book of Documents
- Gonggong (Chinese: 共工; pinyin: Gònggōng), the disastrous god;
- Huandou (Chinese: 驩兜; pinyin: Huāndōu), a chimeric minister from the south who conspired with Gonggong against Emperor Yao
- Gun (Chinese: 鲧; pinyin: Gǔn), father of Yu the Great whose poorly-built dam released a destructive flood;
- Sanmiao (Chinese: 三苗; pinyin: Sān Miáo), the tribes that attacked Yao the Great's tribe.
Zuo Zhuan and Shanhaijing
- the Hundun (Chinese: 混沌; pinyin: Hùndùn), a yellow winged creature of chaos with six legs and no face;
- the Qiongqi (Chinese: 窮奇; pinyin: Qióngqí), a monstrous creature that eats people;
- the Taowu (Chinese: 檮杌; pinyin: Táowù), a reckless, stubborn creature;
- the Taotie (Chinese: 饕餮; pinyin: Tāotiè), a gluttonous beast.