Food truck rally
A food truck rally (also called a food truck festival, food truck rodeo, food truck gathering, or similar names) is an event where a group of food trucks gather in one location.
The events typically feature "modern" food trucks emphasizing food quality and variety, a trend which has grown significantly in popularity in the United States since approximately 2008. Formal gatherings of food trucks as an event in the United States began in 2010. The first LA Food Fest, held in February 2010, appears to have been one of the earliest such events.
Tampa, Florida, which has been a popular area for food trucks and hosted its first food truck event in September 2011, hosted a rally with 121 food trucks in March 2014, said to be a new world record, breaking the prior record of 99 set in Tampa in September 2013. Prior to that, an April 2013 "food truck parade" in Miami, with 62 trucks, was declared the largest to date. In 2018, Chicago Food Truck Festival planned to have over 50 food trucks in Chicago. Also, in 2018 more than 50 food trucks rallied in Meridian Township. Also, in 2018, in Muskeon Michigan a food truck rally of 23 food trucks occurred. In June 2018, over 30 food trucks rallied in Daytona. Furthermore, there are more food truck rallies occurring throughout the US.
- (9 June 2013). Raleigh food truck rodeo corrals hungry crowd, Raleigh News and Observer
- (3 September 2012). 'Awesomeness' makes food-truck rodeo a hit, Raleigh News and Observer
- Buck, Stephanie (4 August 2011). The Rise of the Social Food Truck, Mashable
- (14 February 2010). LA Street Food Fest attracts thousands, Los Angeles Times (reporting on "first annual" LA Street Food Fest held in February 2010, with about 30 trucks)
- (9 August 2010). Mayor Menino Understands: Bostonians Want More Food Trucks, WBUR (report in wake of "First Annual Boston Food Truck Festival" held in August 2010)
- (1 October 2011). The Food Truck Revolution Revs Up, With a Little Help, The New York Times (reporting on the "Off the Grid" gathering in San Francisco which began in June 2010)
- (15 August 2011). Weekly Food Truck Invasion hits Hollywood, Sun Sentinel (first Miami gathering of 12 trucks occurred in September 2010)
- (24 August 2011). Tampa's first 'Food Truck Rally' is a go! - Sat., Sept. 24th, Creative Loafing
- (30 March 2014). Tampa food truck rally sets new Guinness record, WTSP (Associated Press story)
- (3 September 2013). Record Tampa food truck rally creates taste for bigger one, Tampa Tribune
- (24 April 2013). Magic City Casino Sets Guinness World Record for Food Truck Parade, Miami New Times
- "Get ready, Chicago foodies: Chicago Food Truck Festival will host new, unique flavors on wheels". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "More than 50 food trucks roll into Meridian Township on June 30". Lansingstatejournal.com. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- On Air 4:25AM (2018-06-27). "First of three summer food truck rallies in Muskegon". wzzm13.com. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "New Event: More than 30 food trucks join Darke County's first food truck rally and competition". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "9 Best Food Truck Festivals & Events in the US - Food Truck Festival Guide 2018". Bestproducts.com. 2018-04-23. Retrieved 2018-07-11.