|Headquarters||Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom; facilities in 14+ countries|
Number of employees
Envigo is a privately held contract research corporation that provides research services, models and products for pharmaceutical, crop protection, and chemical companies as well as universities, governments, and other research organizations.
In rodent diets, standardized research methods will reduce the fluctuation in study results. Envigo's Teklad business unit provides both high-fat and control diets mostly used in the research of impact of obesity and nutrition on decease states like diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
Three of Envigo’s breeding sites have been accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) International Council including Horst, the Netherlands (March 29, 2016), Bresso, Italy, and Wyton, United Kingdom (July 19, 2016).
- "Envigo Appoints President and CEO - Jul 27 2016 06:31 PM - Envigo - Labmate Online". labmate-online.com. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "About Envigo - Envigo". envigo.com. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Envigo Opens Its Doors For Business On 21 September". clinicalleader.com. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Inside a Lab Mouse's High-Fat Diet - The Scientist Magazine®". the-scientist.com. The Scientist. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "AAALAC accreditation for Envigo lab in the Netherlands". outsourcing-pharma.com. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Envigo facilities earn AAALAC accreditation". outsourcing-pharma.com. Retrieved 8 August 2016.