Eleven Sports Network
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Eleven Sports is a multinational group of sports television channels. Based in the United Kingdom, it is owned by Andrea Radrizzani—executive of the sports marketing agency MP & Silva—and The Channel Company.
Eleven Sports' business model primarily centres around the acquisition of major international sports rights in smaller countries. The company operates linear television and/or digital services in Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Taiwan, and the United States.
In February 2016, Eleven Sports acquired Polish rights to Formula One. In July 2016, Eleven Sports acquired rights to the English Premier League in Taiwan. Both of the properties were marketed by Radrizzani's sister company MP & Silva. On 16 March 2017, Eleven Sports announced that it had acquired "certain distribution assets" of the fledgling U.S. international sports channel One World Sports, which had been replaced by a U.S. version of Eleven Sports Network in advance of the announcement. Financial details of the sale were not disclosed.
On 18 January 2018, Eleven Sports announced that it will partner with NBA G League to exclusively broadcast these basketball games of the G League.
In May 2018, Eleven Sports secured a three-year deal to broadcast La Liga football matches in the UK and Ireland, which had been previously broadcast on Sky Sports. Two months later, they secured exclusive UK three year deals to screen Serie A matches, previously broadcast by BT Sport, the Eredivisie and the Chinese Super League (both previously televised by Sky Sports) and Sweden's Allsvenskan.
- "Eleven Sports Buys One World Assets". Multichannel News. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "SVG Sit-Down: Eleven Sports Managing Director Danny Menken on the Launch of America's Newest Sports Network". Sports Video Group. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Eleven Sports Network picks up Premier League in Taiwan". SportsPro. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Eleven Sports Network pockets F1 rights from MP & Silva". SportsPro. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- Amick, Sam (9 January 2018). "NBA's G League announces broadcast partnership with Eleven Sports". USA TODAY. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "La Liga: Eleven Sports gain TV rights from Sky in three-year deal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Serie A: Eleven Sports gain TV rights from BT in three-year deal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- "Eleven Sports scoops up UK Eredivisie and other football rights". a516digital.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.