East Surrey College
|Acting Principal & CEO||Jayne Dickinson|
|DfE URN||130824 Tables|
East Surrey College is a general Further education college situated in the town of Redhill, Surrey. The College has over 1,100 full-time students and more than 9,000 part-time students; studying courses that range from vocational qualifications to community leisure courses.
- Learning for School Leavers
- Full-Time and Part-Time Vocational Learning
- Learning for Leisure
- Informal Adult Community Learning
East Surrey College provides a range of short leisure courses taught in venues throughout East Surrey. It also offers a wide range of part-time and full-time courses that lead to professional qualifications in a variety of subjects and sectors.
Subject areas include:
- Arts, Crafts, Design & Media
- Business, Information & Communications
- Computing ICT
- Construction Bricklaying and Carpentry and Plumbing
- Creative Arts, Fitness & Recreation
- Culture & History
- Engineering & Electronics
- Floristry & Horticulture
- Hospitality and Customer service
- Hair, Beauty & Holistic Therapies
- Health, Social Care & Early Years
- Languages & Teaching
- Literature & Culture
- Motor Vehicle
- Public Services
- Skills for Life kickstart
- Supported Learning
- Travel, Tourism & Airline Operations
The College maintains working relationships with local businesses, professional organisations, local schools and other providers of post-16 education.
- The Learning Resource Centre provides learners with resources suitable for their studies.
- The "Escape" Hair, Beauty and Holistic Therapy Salon is open to the public and provides a variety of treatments and services
- The studios of the Reigate School of Art, Design & Media provide an environment for students to produce and display their work. The multi-media suites have Apple Macs with the latest graphic software and technology. The department also encourages students to gain practical experience through its links with local companies and industry bodies such as JAMES and the Music Producers Guild.
East Surrey College opened its new campus facilities in September 2010.