Dorrance Publishing Company
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Publication types||Books, ebooks|
|Fiction genres||Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, how-to, business, children’s literature, coffee table books|
Red Lead Press
Rose Dog Books
Whitmore Publishing Company
The company's website reports that they were founded by Gordon Dorrance in 1920. The Catalogue of Copyright Entries for that year lists "Dorrance & company, inc." publishing works The Pocket Chesterfield and Broken Shackles. Dorrance set up the company after a work he was editing did not complete publication with Scribners.
They have been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1995. The BBB lists them as having started in June 1989, and also operating under the alternate business names I-Proclaim Books, Red Lead Press, Rose Dog Books, and Whitmore Publishing Company.
After publication, authors’ books are made available through the Dorrance Publishing bookstore, and may be sold through other large-scale book retailers, including Google Books, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble.
In popular culture
Self-publishing contract and Better Business Bureau reviews
Selected published works
- Navajo Code Talkers, by Doris A. Paul
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Day by Day: A Special Season, an Extraordinary Postseason, by Rick Cushing, was profiled in Pittsburgh Magazine
- God’s Plan for Peons, by Susan D. Criddle
- The Juggler, by Phillip D. Farrara
- Unwelcome: Sexual Harassment, Sexual Discrimination, Sexual Assault, and Rape in the Canadian Forces, by Captain Dawn Ottoman
- Hal David: His Magic Moments, by Eunice David
- No Surrender: Building a Progressive Agenda for Iowa with the Five Securities, by Jack Hatch
- New Jersey Mob: Memories of a Top Cop, by Bob Buccino
- Cooking Soup to Nuts, by Chef Becky Foulk
- "Dorrance Publishing Company Inc Review". Better Business Bureau Accredited Business Directory. Better Business Bureau. Retrieved September 17, 2017.
- "Catalogue of Copyright Entries 1920". Library of Congress. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Dorrance Publishing - Reviewed". The Independent Publishing Magazine. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- Asher, William (1954-04-05), Lucy Writes a Novel, Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance, retrieved 2018-01-29
- "Dorrance Publishing Co. Inc. :: FAQ". Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "Blurred Distinctions: Vanity Publishing vs. Self-Publishing". Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "BBB Business Profile | Dorrance Publishing Company Inc". www.bbb.org. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- Paul, Doris A. (July 1998). The Navajo Code Talkers (25th Anniversary ed.). Pittsburgh, PA: Dorrance Pub Co. ISBN 9780805945904.
- Cushing, Rick (2010-03-30). 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates - Day by Day: A Special Season, an Extraordinary World Series. Pittsburgh, PA: Dorrance Publishing Co. Inc. ISBN 9781434904980.
- Criddle; Susan (2013-10-03). God's Plan for Peons. Dorrance Publishing. ISBN 9781434917447.
- Farrara, Phillip (2014-02-06). The Juggler. Dorrance Publishing. ISBN 9781434937285.
- Ottman, Dawn (2017-03-09). Unwelcome: Sexual Harassment, Sexual Discrimination, Sexual Assault, and Rape in the Canadian Forces. S.l.: Dorrance Publishing Co. ISBN 9781480943926.
- David, Eunice (2016-11-15). Hal David: His Magic Moments: There Is Always Something There to Remind Me. S.l.: Dorrance Publishing Co. ISBN 9781480931008.
- Hatch, Jack (2017-01-22). No Surrender: Building a Progressive Agenda for Iowa with the Five Securities. Dorrance Publishing Co. Inc. ASIN B01MYBCXHY.
- Buccino, Bob (2016-09-06). New Jersey Mob: Memoirs of a Top Cop. Dorrance Publishing Co. ISBN 9781480923782.
- Foullk, Becky (2016-11-15). Cooking Soup to Nuts: Over 60 Soup Recipes to Mix & Match With Salads and Sandwiches for Mouthwatering Combinations That All Start With a Pot of Soup. Dorrance Pub Co. ISBN 9781480940062.