|Launched||15 November 2006|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks CEEMEA|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Formerly called||Discovery TVN Historia (2006-2009)|
|Cyfrowy Polsat||Channel 77 (SD)|
|NC+||Channel 79 (SD)|
|Orange Polska||Channel 451 (SD)|
|Multimedia Polska||Channel 67 (SD)|
|Toya||Channel 304 (SD)|
|UPC Polska||Channel 391 (SD)|
Discovery Historia is a Polish television channel broadcasting history-related programmes. The channel was originally a joint-venture between Discovery Networks and TVN, but TVN left the venture in 2009. It is headed by Barbara Bilińska-Kępa.
On May 30, 2009, TVN withdrew from the channel and sold its stake to Discovery Networks. Hence, the channel became fully owned by Discovery Networks Central Europe.
Because TVN is no longer associated with the channel and Discovery Networks has updated its corporate profile, the channel received a new logo on October 1, 2009. The new logo was created in-house by Discovery.
Discovery Historia used to be exclusively available on the satellite platform N, but that changed after TVN sold their share. The cable operator Jambox announced they would offer the channel in October 2009. Later in the same month it was launched on Multimedia Polska.
- "Kanał „Discovery Historia" już dostępny". November 16, 2006.
- "Nowy logotyp Discovery Historia". MediaFM.net. September 1, 2009.
- "Kosmetyka w Discovery Historia". Mediamikser.pl. September 1, 2009.
- "Discovery Historia już nie tylko w telewizji "n"". Media2.pl. October 9, 2009.
- "Trzy nowe kanały Discovery w ofercie Multimedia Polska". MediaFM.net. October 18, 2009.
- Official website (in Polish)