Discovery Channel Poland
|Discovery Channel Poland|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks CEEMEA|
576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.59% (2012, Nielsen)|
|Cyfrowy Polsat||Channel 125 (HD)|
|NC+||Channel 76 (HD)|
|Orange Polska||Channel 449 (HD)|
|UPC Polska||Channel 375|
Discovery Channel Poland is a Polish television channel. It shows factual entertainment programming, just as its many siblings around the world.
With a share of overall viewing of 0.67 percent, Discovery Channel was the 17th most watched television channel in Poland in 2011, according to Nielsen statistics. It is by far the most popular of the dedicated documentary channels available in Poland.
On April 18, 2012 Discovery Channel Poland started broadcasting in 16:9 picture format.
The HD version of Discovery Channel Poland was launched on January 17, 2013 and replaced Discovery HD Showcase on all major TV platforms in Poland.
- "INFORMACJA O PODSTAWOWYCH PROBLEMACH RADIOFONII I TELEWIZJI W 2012 ROKU" (PDF). krrit.gov.pl. 19 March 2013.
- "Discovery Polska wprowadziła regionalną ramówkę dla Discovery Channel". Mediamikser.pl. October 30, 2002.
- "Opis kanału". Discovery Media Polska.
- "Discovery odświeża wizerunek swoich kanałów". Wirtualnemedia.pl. June 4, 2009.
- "Rok 2011: 4 godz. przed TV, Polsat wyprzedził TVN, "Ranczo" hitem". media2.pl. 3 January 2012.