David Drummond (businessman)
David Carl Drummond is an American businessman. He currently serves as Senior Vice President of corporate development and Chief Legal Officer (CLO) for Alphabet Inc., and formerly its subsidiary, Google, as well as part of the Board of Directors of mental health non-profit Crisis Text Line.
His first time working with Google was in 1998 as a partner at leading technology law firm Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's corporate transactions group; he was Google's first outside counsel. He joined Google in 2002. Drummond earned a bachelor's degree in history from Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California and a Juris Doctor from Stanford Law School.
His annual compensation from Google parent company, Alphabet Inc., currently stands at approximately $18.3 million.
- Kokalitcheva, Kia. "Alphabet Executive Resigns from Uber's Board Amid Growing Rivalry". Fortune.
- Bhuiyan, Johana (29 August 2016). "Alphabet's David Drummond has left Uber's board over conflict of interest on self-driving cars". Recode.
- "BBC News - Google's Drummond calls for new NSA reforms". BBC News.
- "Board of Directors". Crisis Text Line.
- "Google Management". Google. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "David Drummond". Forbes.
- "State Bar of CA :: David C. Drummond". California Bar.
- "Santa Clara University". scu.edu.
- "David Drummond - The 2011 TIME 100 Poll - TIME". TIME.com. 4 April 2011.