|Region of origin||Iran|
Dariush (also spelled Daryoush or Dariyush) is a common Persian male given name, and was the throne name of Darius the Great and two other kings of the Achaemenid dynasty, which thus enjoyed considerable popularity among noblemen in later periods.
The Modern Persian داریوش Dāriūsh, Latin Dārīus, Dārēus, Greek Δαρεῖος Dareîos, Aramaic drwš, drywš, Elamite Da-ri-ya-(h)u-(ú-)iš, Akkadian Da-(a-)ri-muš, Egyptian tr(w)š, trjwš, intr(w)š, intrjwš, Lycian Ñtarijeus-, and Old Persian Dārayauš, are short forms of Old Pers. 𐎭𐎠𐎼𐎹𐎺𐎢𐏁 Dārayavauš, (Greek Dareiaîos, Aramaic dryhwš, Elamite Da-ri-(y)a-ma-u-iš, Akkadian Da-(a-)ri-ia-(a-)muš). The longer Old Persian Dārayavauš is composed of Dāraya- [hold] + va(h)u- [good], meaning "holding firm the good".
- Beneil Dariush (born May 6, 1989), Assyrian-American professional mixed martial artist
- Dariush Arjmand, Iranian actor
- Dariush Ashoori, Iranian intellectual
- Dariush Eghbali (AKA Dariush), Iranian pop singer
- Dariush Forouhar, leader of the nationalist Mellat Iran party
- Dariush Homayoon, Iranian politician
- Dariush Mehrjui, Iranian film director
- Daryush Shokof, Iranian artist, filmmaker, philosopher
- Dariush Safvat, Persian ethnomusicologist
- Dariush Shayegan, Iranian academic
- Roosh V (AKA Daryush "Roosh V" Valizadeh), controversial American pickup artist