Dorn playing for the Reno Aces, Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2015
|Somerset Patriots – No. 17|
|Right fielder / First baseman|
Born: July 20, 1984|
San Dimas, California
|MLB: April 21, 2015, for the Arizona Diamondbacks|
|KBO: April 1, 2016, for the Nexen Heroes|
|Runs batted in||3|
|KBO statistics |
(through 2017 season)
|Runs batted in||72|
Daniel Casey Dorn (born July 20, 1984) is an American professional baseball right fielder and first baseman for the Somerset Patriots of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Dorn played college baseball at California State University, Fullerton from 2003 to 2006. After his junior season, he was drafted by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 23rd round of the 2005 Major League Baseball Draft. He did not sign and returned for his senior season. He was then drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 32nd round of the 2006 MLB Draft.
Dorn played in the Reds organization from 2006 to 2012. He was released by the Reds in 2012.
On December 14, 2012, Dorn signed a minor league deal with the Detroit Tigers.
On November 27, 2013, Dorn signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks. He was called up to the majors for the first time on April 21, 2015. On August 24, Dorn was designated for assignment.
Toronto Blue Jays
He was claimed off waivers by the Toronto Blue Jays on August 28, 2015, and assigned to the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons. He was designated for assignment on September 6, and assigned outright to Buffalo on September 9. On November 6, 2015, Dorn elected free agency.
- "Arizona Diamondbacks' Danny Dorn hoping for first big-league shot". azcentral.com. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- Arizona Sports. "Report: Diamondbacks expected to make roster move, call up Dorn from Reno". arizonasports.com. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- Todd, Jeff (August 24, 2015). "Diamondbacks Designate Danny Dorn". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Baer, Bill (August 28, 2015). "Blue Jays claim Danny Dorn off waivers from the Diamondbacks". hardballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- "International League Transactions". milb.com. p. November 2015. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "Somerset Patriots Land MLB Outfielder Danny Dorn". Somerset Patriots. Retrieved March 19, 2018.