|Website||DHL Express Division - Aviations|
DHL Aviation is a division of DHL Express (owned by Deutsche Post DHL) responsible for providing air transport capacity. It is not a single airline, but refers to several airlines owned, co owned or chartered by DHL Express. In 2009, Deutsche Post World Net rebranded to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL). In the United States., DHL Airways was renamed Astar Air Cargo which in turn operated air freight services as a cargo airline for DHL until 2012.
Deutsche Post owns five main airlines, which provide services by region:
- European Air Transport Leipzig is responsible for the major part of the European network and for longhaul services to the Middle East and Africa. From its hub at the Leipzig/Halle Airport it operates a fleet of 11 Boeing 757 Freighters and 21 Airbus A300-600 Freighters.
- DHL Air UK is based at East Midlands Airport, was purchased by DHL in 1989, and has since 2000 been operating a fleet of 22 Boeing 757-200SF freighters on intra-European services and a fleet of four new built Boeing 767-300ERF Freighters, primarily on trans atlantic routes.
- DHL Aero Expreso is the subsidiary in Central and South America Hub in Tocumen, Panamá , operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 and 757-200 Freighters in Central and South America, as well as serving destinations in the Caribbean and Florida.
- SNAS/DHL handles Middle East destinations from its headquarters and main regional hub at Bahrain International Airport, operating a fleet of Boeing 767-200 and 757-200 freighters. The fleet is deployed throughout the Middle East and in Africa.
- Blue Dart Aviation, is based at Chennai International Airport, Chennai, India, with a fleet of 6 Boeing 757 Freighters. It provides services for the Indian network of DHL and regional charters.
It also owns the following smaller airlines:
|Airbus A300-600RF||10||0||Operated by Air Hong Kong|
|4||Operated by ASL Airlines Ireland|
|21||Operated by European Air Transport Leipzig|
|Airbus A330-200F||1||4||Operated by European Air Transport Leipzig||Former Etihad Airways fleets.|
|Airbus A330-300P2F||1||7||Order with 10 options|
|ATR 42-300F||1||0||Operated by Aero Express Del Ecuador|
|1||Operated by DHL de Guatemala|
|1||Operated by Vensecar Internacional|
|Boeing 727-200F||3||0||Operated by Raya Airways|
|3||Operated by Vensecar Internacional|
|Boeing 737-400SF||3||4||Operated by ASL Airlines Ireland|
|5||Operated by Southern Air|
|Boeing 747-400BCF||3||0||Operated by Air Hong Kong|
|4||Operated by Kalitta Air|
|Boeing 747-8F||4||0||Operated by Atlas Air|
|Boeing 757-200F||6||0||Operated by Blue Dart Aviation||Aircraft registered VH-TCA in "The Flying Orangutan" livery of Jeremy Clarkson from The Grand Tour|
Aircraft registered G-DHKK in "Hair Force One" livery of James May from The Grand Tour
|4||Operated by DHL Aero Expreso|
|22||Operated by DHL Air UK|
|3||Operated by DHL International Aviation ME|
|11||Operated by European Air Transport Leipzig|
|Boeing 767-200F||5||0||Operated by Atlas Air|
|2||Operated by DHL International Aviation ME|
|1||Operated by Raya Airways|
|Boeing 767-300ERF||2||0||Operated by Atlas Air||Aircraft registered G-DHLG in "Small Goods" livery of Richard Hammond from The Grand Tour|
|4||Operated by DHL Air UK|
|Boeing 777F||8||0||Operated by AeroLogic|
|4||Operated by Southern Air|
|Tupolev Tu-204-100C||1||0||Operated by Aviastar-TU|
- "Blue Dart Aviation Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net Just Aviation.
- "Participation list" (PDF). Annual Financial Statements. Deutsche Post AG. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 7, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- "DHL Express to add five ex-Etihad A330-200Fs". Cargofacts. 15 August 2018.
- "Southern Air" (PDF).
- "Another Atlas Air freighter".
- The Grand Tour Fans (2018-01-12), The Grand Tour: DHL Name our Planes Competition, retrieved 2018-01-23
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DHL Aviation.|