Confédération Mondiale des Sports de Boules
The CMSB – Confédération Mondiale des Sports de Boules – was created (on 21 December 1985 in Monaco) by three international boules organizations
- CBI Confederazione Boccistica Internazionale (bocce)
- FIB Fédération Internationale de Boules (Sport-boules)
- FIPJP Fédération Internationale de Pétanque et Jeu Provençal (pétanque and jeu provençal)
for the purpose of lobbying the Olympic committee to make boules sports part of the summer Olympics. World Bowls (bowls) was also a member from 2003 until 2013.
Boules and the CMSB were granted consideration for entry to the Olympic Games on 15 October, but have never been granted the status of an official Olympic sport. Nevertheless, every year the CMSB continues to re-present its application.
The CMSB is a sports federation recognized by the following confederations.
- "IOC Reviews Sporting Programme for Future Games of the Olympiad". olympic.org. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- History of the FIPJP Archived 10 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine. at the FIPJP web site.
- "SportAccord – Members". sportaccord.com. Retrieved 4 June 2012.