Born: June 19, 1995|
Sedlock attended Alleman High School in Rock Island, Illinois and played college baseball at the University of Illinois. As a freshman in 2014 he appeared in 12 games with three starts. He was 1–3 with a 3.41 earned run average (ERA) and 30 strikeouts. As a sophomore in 2015 he appeared in 21 games with two starts and went 4–0 with a 4.02 ERA and 29 strikeouts. As a junior in 2016, Sedlock became a full-time starting pitcher. That year he was named the Big Ten Pitcher of the Year. During the season, he broke Illinois' single season strikeout record, previously held by John Ericks since 1988.
On June 9, 2016, Sedlock was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the first round of the 2016 MLB Draft. He spent his first professional season with the Aberdeen IronBirds where he posted an 0-1 record with a 3.00 ERA in nine starts. In 2017, he played for the Frederick Keys where he went 4-5 with a 5.90 ERA in 20 starts. He began 2018 back with Frederick.
- "Former Alleman standout muscles his way to top of B1G". 2 May 2016.
- Green, Doug. "Alleman baseball standout Sedlock commits to Illinois".
- Batterson, Steve. "Alleman grad Sedlock works to be Big Ten's best".
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Daniel Makarewicz,. "Alleman grad Sedlock ready to be Illini ace".
- "Sedlock is Big Ten's best pitcher".
- email@example.com, Daniel Makarewicz,. "Alleman grad Sedlock: From little used to Big Ten Pitcher of the Year".
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Anthony Sandoval,. "Sedlock sets single-season strikeout mark for Illinois".
- "Cody Sedlock Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Illinois Fighting Illini bio