Church of St. Nicholas, Vrlika
|Saint Nicholas Church|
Crkva svetog Nikole|
Црква светог Николе
Saint Nicholas Church in Vrlika
|43°48′51″N 16°29′7″E / 43.81417°N 16.48528°ECoordinates: 43°48′51″N 16°29′7″E / 43.81417°N 16.48528°E|
|Archdiocese||Eparchy of Dalmatia|
The Church of St. Nicholas (Croatian: Crkva svetog Nikole u Vrlici, Serbian Cyrillic: Црква Светог Николе у Врлици) is a Serbian Orthodox church in Vrlika, situated in Northern Dalmatia, Croatia. The church was built in 1618 and serves local Serbs of Croatia. The tradition of Čuvari Hristovog groba is held at the church.
The church was founded in 1618. The tradition of Čuvari Hristovog groba is held at the church. It is not known when the tradition began, although folklore tells that it has existed for more than four centuries.
- Dragović monastery, Serbian Orthodox monastery founded in 1395 near Vrlika
- Name: Church of Holy Father Nikolaj (Храм Св. Оца Николаја)
- Pravoslavlje. Izdaje Srpska patrijaršija. 2007. p. 128.
- "Oteli su nam Sinjsku alku, ne damo im Čuvare Hristovog groba!".
- The Persecution of the Serbs in Croatia, 1990/1991: Documents. Association of the Serbs from Croatia. 1991.