Church of Saint Parascheva, Slabinja
|Church of Saint Parascheva|
|Храм Свете Петке|
Church of Saint Parascheva
Church of Saint Parascheva (Croatia)
|45°12′38″N 16°40′2″E / 45.21056°N 16.66722°ECoordinates: 45°12′38″N 16°40′2″E / 45.21056°N 16.66722°E|
|Location||Slabinja, Sisak-Moslavina County|
|Tradition||Eastern Orthodox Church|
|Dedication||Parascheva of the Balkans|
|Style||Baroque, Eastern Orthodox|
|Diocese||Eparchy of Gornji Karlovac|
|Archpriest||Radoslav Anđelić of Dvor|
Church of Saint Parascheva (Serbian Cyrillic: Храм Свете Петке) is a Serbian Orthodox church located in Slabinja, Sisak-Moslavina County, in central Croatia. It was dedicated to Saint Parascheva of the Balkans. The Church was built in 1828 and demolished during World War II. Only the perimeter walls are preserved.
The Church was built in 1828 according to the R. Battigelli project from 1819. It was built in baroque building style.
In 1944, during World War II, it's demolished by the Ustashe damaging roof structure, vault, interior and church inventory. After the War ruins remained standing. In 1970 began the reconstruction of this valuable buildings, but roof, unfortunately, was never set up.
On June 4, 2017, Bishop of upper Karlovac Gerasim visited the church.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parascheva of the Balkans.|
- "Služen parastos za postradale Slabinjce". banija.rs. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- Kosovac, Mata (1910). Srpska pravoslavna Mitropolija Karlovačka: po podacima od 1905. Sremski Karlovci. (in Serbian)
- Strategija lokalnog razvoja područja LAG-a Una 2011-2013. Dvor: LAG Una. 2010.
- Škiljan, Filip (2008). Kulturno-historijski spomenici Banije (PDF). Zagreb: SNV. p. 99. Retrieved 25 June 2018. (in Croatian)
- Cvitanović, Đurđica (1985). Sakralna arhitektura baroknog razdoblja, knjiga I. Zagreb: Gorički i gorsko-dubički arhiđakonat. p. 206. (in Serbo-Croatian)
- Miljanović, M. (January 1991). Devastacija pravoslavnih crkava u Hrvatskoj – gornjokarlovačka Eparhija. Topusko: Srpski glas. pp. 10–11. (in Serbian)
- "Episkop Gerasim u Slabinji". banija.rs. Retrieved 25 June 2018. (in Serbian)