Björkman in 2017
|Birth name||Christer Samuel Björkman|
25 August 1957|
Christer Samuel Björkman (born 25 August 1957) is a Swedish singer and television producer. He represented Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 1992 with the song "I morgon är en annan dag" after winning Melodifestivalen 1992. Since 2002, he has been a producer of Melodifestivalen, and remained an important figure in Melodifestivalen and the Eurovision Song Contest. He will step down from his position in 2021.
Björkman was born in Borås as the son of gaming entrepreneur Ulla Björkman (b. 1939). He never met his father while he was alive. He began working as a hairdresser, and soon had his own hair salon in Borås.
In the mid-1980s, Björkman started his entertainment career by recording a song called "Våga och vinn", which was produced by Bruno Glenmark.
Björkman won Melodifestivalen 1992 with "I morgon är en annan dag", and represented Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest 1992. He finished second last, Sweden's worst result at the contest since 1977. He entered Melodifestivalen a second and third time in 1993 with Välkommen till livet and 1999 with a song called "Välkommen hem" which finished last among the ten participants.
Since 2002, Björkman has held the post the supervisor of Melodifestivalen. He has been accused of manipulation of the jury which chooses the participating songs.
Björkman was the Show Producer of the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 held in Malmö, Sweden, after Loreen's victory in Baku in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. He has acted as a juror on the national selections of other countries, and had a prominent role as Contest Producer in the organisation of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 held in Stockholm following Måns Zelmerlöws victory in 2015.
Björkman is openly gay, and married to Martin Kagemark.
- "Christer Björkman". Christerbjorkman.com. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Gallagher, Robin (15 January 2017). "Four more years: Christer Björkman to leave Melodifestivalen in 2021". wiwibloggs.com. Wiwibloggs.
- "No Press Charges Against SVT Representatives | Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku". EuroVisionary. 6 March 2009. Archived from the original on 4 October 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Blog Archive » SVT presents Eurovision 2013 Core Team". esctoday.com. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "BELGIUM: HADISE AND CHRISTER BJÖRKMAN TO JUDGE EUROSONG 2016". wiwibloggs. 2015-12-14. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- Escudero, Victor M. (2015-10-26). "Meet the core team for 2016". eurovision.tv. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christer Björkman.|
|Awards and achievements|
with "Fångad av en stormvind"
| Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest