Chris Sullivan (actor)
Sullivan at the 2017 Heroes and Villains Fan Fest
July 19, 1980 |
|Alma mater||Loyola Marymount University (BFA Theatre Arts 2002)|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|Television||The Knick, This Is Us|
Chris Sullivan (born July 19, 1980) is an American actor and musician. He is known for playing Taserface in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. He first gained attention for his portrayal of Tom Cleary on the Cinemax drama The Knick. He played Benny Hammond in Stranger Things and currently stars as Toby on the NBC drama This Is Us.
He also played Sprit in the 2008 Sundance Film Festival nominated movie North Starr, and appeared in such films as The Normal Heart and The Drop (2014), the latter with The Knick co-star Jeremy Bobb. Much of Sullivan's early stage experience came in Chicago, where he received improv training at the iO Theater. Among his Chicago stage experiences were in the cast of Defending the Caveman at the Lakeshore Theater and the cast of The Ballad of Emmett Till at the Goodman Theatre. After appearing in the original Broadway cast of Lombardi, Sullivan joined the long-running revival of Chicago in 2011.
|2008||Sugar||Loud Cook||Short film|
|2012||Death and the Red Dress||Smitty||Short film|
|2016||Morgan||Dr. Darren Finch|
|2016||Live by Night||Brendan Loomis|
|2017||Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2||Taserface|
|2010||Pleading Guilty||Rash||Television film|
|2011||Weekends at Bellevue||Officer Mike||Television film|
|2012||A Gifted Man||Biker||Episode: "In Case of a Bolt from the Blue"|
|2013||Elementary||Todd Clarke||Episode: "The Red Team"|
|2013||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Eddy Galtin||Episode: "Monster's Legacy"|
|2013||The Americans||Assassin||Episode: "Mutually Assured Destruction"|
|2014||The Normal Heart||Mike the Tech||Television film|
|2014||Peter Pan Live!||Noodler||Television film|
|2014||Where's This Party?||Tristan Barlow||Web series; 1 episode|
|2014–2015||The Knick||Tom Cleary||Main role; 19 episodes|
|2016||Stranger Things||Benny Hammond||Episodes: "The Vanishing of Will Byers", "The Weirdo on Maple Street"|
|2016–present||This Is Us||Toby Damon||Main role|
|2017||Curb Your Enthusiasm||Husband #1||Episode: "Fatwa!"|
|2012–2013||Nice Work If You Can Get It||Duke Mahoney||Original|
- "Outcomes: Chris Sullivan". Loyola Marymount University. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Radish, Christina (October 10, 2014). "Chris Sullivan Talks THE KNICK, How He Views Tom Cleary, the Uniform, His Folk Band, and More". Collider. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- "Chris Sullivan". IMDbPro. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- Hinds, Julie (October 10, 2015). "The best show you're not watching is 'The Knick'". Detroit Free Press. Gannett. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- Eramo, Steve (September 5, 2014). "Survival Instinct: Interview with The Knick's Chris Sullivan". The Morton Report. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- "'The Knick' Starring Clive Owen & Directed by Steven Soderbergh to Premiere August 8 on Cinemax". TV by the Numbers. July 9, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- Zwecker, Bill (May 1, 2017). "'Guardians' star Chris Sullivan fondly recalls Chicago stage days". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- [The Ballad of Emmett Till "Artist Bios: Chris Sullivan (Bio as of May 2008)"] Check
|url=value (help). Goodman Theatre. May 2008. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Gans, Andrew (June 20, 2011). "Broadway's Chicago Welcomes Chris Sullivan June 20". Playbill. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- "Resume — Chris SullivaN". sullynyc.com. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Chris Sullivan | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Sullivan.|