Gedney in 2009
August 9, 1970|
March 9, 2018 47) (aged|
Syracuse, New York
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||258 lb (117 kg)|
|High school:||Liverpool (NY)|
|NFL Draft:||1993 / Round: 3 / Pick: 61|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2000|
|Player stats at PFR|
Christopher Joseph Gedney (August 9, 1970 – March 9, 2018) was an American college and professional football player who was a tight end in the National Football League (NFL) for six seasons. He played college football for Syracuse University, and earned All-American honors. He played professionally for the Chicago Bears and Arizona Cardinals of the NFL. After his football career ended, he served as assistant athletics director at Syracuse University.
While attending Syracuse University, he played for the Syracuse Orange football team from 1989 to 1992. As a senior in 1992, he was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American.
Life after football
Gedney lived in Syracuse, New York. He previously worked as the Development Liaison for the Syracuse Football Lettermen's Club and was an analyst for the Syracuse Sports Network.
- Christopher J. Gedney
- National Football League, Historical Players, Chris Gedney profile; retrieved February 14, 2012.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Chris Gedney Archived 2012-03-26 at the Wayback Machine.; retrieved February 14, 2012.
- Mayer, Larry. "Ex-Bears tight end Gedney passes away". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1993 National Football League Draft. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Chris Gedney profile; retrieved February 14, 2012.
- "Chris Gedney, Syracuse star and NFL tight end, dies at 47". citizentribune.com. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Finley, Patrick. "Chris Gedney, former Bears third-round pick, dies at 47". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Stephen Bailey, Former Syracuse football star Chris Gedney dies at age 47, Syracuse.com, March 9, 2018, accessed March 9, 2018.