Chernivtsi International Airport
|Chernivtsi International Airport|
Міжнародний аеропорт «Чернівці»
|Location||Chernivtsi, Chernivtsi Oblast, Ukraine|
|Elevation AMSL||797 ft / 243 m|
|Coordinates||48°15′32″N 25°58′52″E / 48.25889°N 25.98111°E|
Location of airport in Ukraine
First scheduled flights in Chernivtsi commenced in 1928, on the route Bucharest – Iași – Cernăuți (as it was the name of the city in the interwar period, when it was part of the Kingdom of Romania). The flights were operated by SNNA (Serviciul Național de Navigație Aeriană, in 1930 renamed LARES - Romanian Air Lines Exploited by the State) using Farman F.168Bn4 aircraft. In 1929, SNNA (using Avia BH-25J) flew the 585 km (364 mi) long air service Bucharest – Galați – Iași – Cernăuți, followed in 1930 by Galați – Cernăuți route. On 1 November 1931, LARES opened an air service on the Bucharest - Galați – Chișinău – Cernăuți route, with a length of 676 km (420 mi) and served by Junkers F.13 aircraft.
An international route (considered one of the most interesting air services running across Europe at that time) opened on 28 March 1937, when PLL LOT and LARES starting the operation of an air service between Palestine and Poland: Lydda – Rhodos – Athens – Thessaloniki – Sofia – Bucharest – Cernăuți – Lwow – Warsaw. Both airline companies operated their Lockheed L-10A Electra on this service, later supplemented by the Savoia-Marchetti SM.83. On 15 iunie 1938, the domestic route Cernăuți – Cluj – Arad was launched (operated with Lockheed Electra, Savoia-Marchetti S.73 and later Douglas B-23 Dragon aircraft).
In 2016, scheduled operations were resumed by national carrier Ukraine International Airlines. The carrier inaugurated a route linking its hub in Kiev-Boryspil with Chernivitsi on 12 July, initially operated on a daily basis with flights carried out by partner airline Dniproavia using their Embraer 145 fleet. In the end of 2017 UIA started using Embraer 190s.
Airlines and destinations
|Bravo Airways||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Kiev-Boryspil |
Seasonal charter: Antalya
|Year||Total passengers||Change from previous year|
|Month||Total passengers||Change from previous year|
- Airline companies in Romania (1918-1945)
- Aerogară, Cernăuţi (in Romanian)
- Transportul aerian în Bucovina și Basarabia interbelică (in Romanian)
- History of Arad Airport
- "МАУ запустила рейс Черновцы-Анталия (фото)". cfts.org.ua. 27 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Аэропорт Черновцы установил новый рекорд пассажиропотока". cfts.org.ua. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- Airport information for UKLN at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for CWC / UKLN - Chernovtsy, Ukraine at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Accident history for CWC / UKLN - Chernovtsy Airport, Ukraine at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for UKLN - Chernovsty, Ukraine at NOAA/NWS