Cartoon Network (Dutch TV channel)
|Launched||12 July 1997|
Turner Broadcasting System Europe|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV, 16:9)|
|Broadcast area||Netherlands & Flanders|
Turner House, |
Great Marlborough Street,
London, United Kingdom
|CanalDigitaal||Channel 43 (6AM - 9PM, Dutch only)|
|Ziggo||Channel 307 (24h, Dutch and English)|
|Telenet Digital TV||
Channel 600 (Flanders) |
Channel 700 (Brussels)
(24h, Dutch and English)
Channel 131 (Flanders) |
Channel 159 (Brussels)
(24h, Dutch only)
|KPN||Channel 60 (24h, Dutch)|
|Horizon||Horizon.tv (Netherlands only)|
Cartoon Network is a Dutch TV channel which primarily airs animated programming in the Netherlands and Belgium. This version is available in the Dutch and English languages. Some providers offer the Dutch language only.
On 17 September 1993 Cartoon Network launched in the Netherlands as the Pan-European feed in English without subtitles, sharing the channel with TNT Classic Movies. The Dutch feed launched four years later on 12 July 1997. It broadcast 18 hours a day: from 06AM until midnight. Most shows were aired in English with Dutch subtitles, but some aired in Dutch. On 1 February 2000 the website launched. A magazine launched on 13 April 2000 with 11 issues and one special. The Dutch feed closed down on 1 August 2001 and was replaced with the Pan-European feed with a Dutch audio track. (Yet some shows still aired in English with subtitles) It started airing 16 hours a day (06AM until 10PM) and promos were in English. The airtime shortened again on 1 April 2003. (06AM until 09PM) A new logo appeared on 21 April 2006. On 25 April 2008 UPC Nederland added an English audiotrack. Ziggo did the same in 2010. On 17 November 2010, the Dutch feed relaunched and started broadcasting 24 hours a day and with a new logo. All programs and ads air in Dutch. Some TV providers, like Belgacom and CanalDigitaal, kept broadcasting the Pan-European feed until 31 January 2011. This was the last day this feed aired in Dutch. Every provider receives the Dutch feed since February 2011.
- "Cartoon Network (Dutch)". Ofcom. Archived from the original on 8 October 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Rick DeMott (October 24, 2000). "Two Senior Appointments At Cartoon Network Netherlands". AWN News.
- Jan-Hein Visser (April 25, 2008). "Cartoon Network weer met Engelse audio" (in Dutch). Totaal TV.
- "Timeline: Turner Broadcasting System Europe LTD". Turner Broadcasting System Europe. Archived from the original on July 22, 2012. Retrieved October 9, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Nederland stopt 1 augustus". Radio.nl. July 30, 2001.