Bedrosian pitching for the Los Angeles Angels in 2017
|Los Angeles Angels – No. 32|
Born: October 2, 1991|
|June 3, 2014, for the Los Angeles Angels|
|MLB statistics |
(through August 26, 2018)
|Earned run average||3.81|
Bedrosian attended East Coweta High School in Sharpsburg, Georgia. He was named an All-American. He committed to attend Louisiana State University (LSU) on a baseball scholarship to play for the LSU Tigers.
The Angels selected Bedrosian in the first round of the 2010 MLB Draft. He signed with the Angels, receiving a $1.116 million signing bonus. He made his professional debut that year with the Arizona Angels of the Rookie-level Arizona League. He had Tommy John surgery and missed the 2011 season. In 2012, Bedrosian pitched for the Cedar Rapids Kernels of the Class A Midwest League. He began the 2013 season with the Burlington Bees of the Midwest League, and was promoted to the Inland Empire 66ers of the Class A-Advanced California League in August.
After starting the 2014 season with Inland Empire with 15 strikeouts in his first 20 batters faced, the Angels promoted him to the Arkansas Travelers of the Class AA Texas League in April. Bedrosian pitched to a 1.47 earned run average with 30 strikeouts in 18 1⁄3 innings, before the Angels promoted him to the major leagues on June 3.
On August 2, 2016, Bedrosian recorded his first major league save, in place of the injured Huston Street. This marked his 44th appearance in the 2016 season, in which he struck out the side against the Oakland Athletics, lowering his ERA to 0.90. Bedrosian began the 2017 season as the Angels closer, saving 3 games in the first 2 weeks of the season before going on the disabled list. He was activated on June 17th. On August 9th, Bedrosian was given back the closer role.
Bedrosian is of Armenian descent.
- "Bedrosian, Frazier ranked among nation's top baseball underclassmen - The Newnan Times-Herald". Times-herald.com. April 3, 2009. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "Bedrosian to play in All-American showcase at PETCO Park - The Newnan Times-Herald". Times-herald.com. July 10, 2009. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Greater New Orleans. "LSU hopeful two-sports player Zach Lee won't go pro". NOLA.com. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "MLB completes first day of 2010 First-Year Player Draft | MLB.com: Official Info". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "Angels take no heed to Texas' C.J. Wilson's comments - LA Times". Foxsportswest.com. July 2, 2010. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Glaser, Kyle (April 17, 2014). "66ERS NOTEBOOK: Bedrosian promoted to Double-A - Press Enterprise". Pe.com. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Angels call up reliever Cam Bedrosian, make other pitching moves - Los Angeles Times". Latimes.com. June 3, 2014. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Phillies' Bedrosian Cy Young Winner - The New York Times". nytimes.com. July 10, 2010. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Cam Bedrosian on Twitter