|Branding||96.3 Cruz FM|
|Slogan||Variety that Rocks|
|Frequency||96.3 MHz (channel 242C1)|
|First air date||April 2008|
|HAAT||179.1 meters (588 ft)|
WireD (former station branding)
Licensed to Harvard Broadcasting on May 28, 2007, the station was originally scheduled to launch on 92.3 FM. However, it applied for a change of frequency to 96.3 FM, citing the potential for third-adjacent interference to CKBL.
On April 9, 2008, the new station signed on and began stunting with Christmas music as Santa FM in preparation for its official launch; the campaign also featured publicists parading the streets of Saskatoon in Santa Claus costumes. On April 11, 2008 at 3:00 p.m., the station officially launched with a Top 40/CHR format branded as Wired 96.3.
On November 16, 2012, Harvard laid off CFWD's on-air personalities and announced that Wired 96.3 would sign off that night at midnight; the station returned to Santa FM for the holiday season in preparation for another change in format scheduled for December 26. On December 26, 2012, at Noon, CFWD flipped to a variety hits format, branded as 96.3 Cruz FM.
- CRTC Decision 2007-155
- CRTC Public Notice 2008-7
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-77
- "Radio station takes down the tree". Saskatoon Star-Phoenix. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "New station jingles all the way". Saskatoon Star-Phoenix. Postmedia. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "Saskatoon radio station lays off staff". CBC News. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "96.3 Cruzes in Saskatoon". Radio Insight. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- 96.3 Cruz FM
- CFWD-FM history – Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFWD-FM