Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Guglielmo Marconi Airport
Aeroporto di Bologna-Guglielmo Marconi
|Operator||Aeroporto di Bologna S.p.A.|
|Elevation AMSL||123 ft / 37 m|
|Coordinates||44°32′07.6″N 11°17′19.2″E / 44.535444°N 11.288667°ECoordinates: 44°32′07.6″N 11°17′19.2″E / 44.535444°N 11.288667°E|
Location of the airport in Italy
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (Italian: Aeroporto di Bologna-Guglielmo Marconi) (IATA: BLQ, ICAO: LIPE) is an international airport serving the city of Bologna in Italy. It is approximately 6 km (3.7 mi) northwest of the city center in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy, about 200 km (124 mi) south-east of Milan. The airport is named after Bologna native Guglielmo Marconi, an Italian electrical engineer and Nobel laureate. With 7,680,992 passengers handled in 2016, it was the seventh-busiest airport in Italy that year.
There is one terminal, which underwent an expansion during 2011-2013. It now covers a total surface 36,100m2, of which 5,500m2 are shopping areas. A new baggage handling system was installed and there are now 24 departure gates, of which five are piers with two aerobridges.
Airlines and destinations
|5||London, United Kingdom (Heathrow)||271,425|
|6||London, United Kingdom (Stansted)||224,195|
By bus and train
The airport is about 6 kilometres (4 mi) from Bologna Centrale railway station. A shuttle bus service runs between the station and the airport.
- "Statistiche - Assaeroporti". www.assaeroporti.com.
- Terminal restyling and expansion Archived 28 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Telepass - Car Parks - Bologna Airport G. Marconi".
- "Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt". bologna-airport.it. 18 August 2018. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Alitalia S17 Short-Haul routes additions as of 01JAN17". Routesonline. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Alitalia schedules additional Palermo routes in S18".
- "American Airlines Expands European Footprint and Modifies Asia Service". American Airlines. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Blu Express adds new seasonal routes in S17".
- "Ryanair Announces $200m Investment in London Luton with 2 New Based Aircraft - Ryanair's Corporate Website". corporate.ryanair.com.
- Liu, Jim (19 April 2018). "Ural Airlines adds Bologna scheduled charters in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- Liu, Jim (22 December 2017). "Ural Airlines filed 3 new scheduled charter routes in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "2017 traffic statistics" (PDF). enac.gov.
- "Driving directions to & from Bologna Airport G. Marconi".
- "Linea Aerobus: Aeroporto - Stazione Centrale".
- "Il tracciato".