The date of its founding is unknown. It was first mentioned in Ottoman Turkish records dated in 1566/1567. The monastery suffered heavy damages and was abandoned during the Austro-Turkish wars, but the monks of Rača (western Serbia) arrived and reconstructed the holy place.The construction works on the extant church lasted from 1732 until 1740, and the bell-tower was completed in 1762. A general reconstruction was undertaken in 1893. The icons were painted by Janko Halkozović, Dimitrije Bačević and Teodor Kračun.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beočin monastery.|
|Spatial Cultural-Historical Units|