BBC HD (international)
June 2008 (Australia)|
31 December 2010 (Romania)
2011 (Latin America)
May 28, 2012 (Brazil)
November 15, 2009 (Australia)|
August 6, 2013 (Romania)
August 31, 2015 (Latin America)
January 1, 2016 (Scandinavia)
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
UKTV HD (Australia)|
BBC Earth (Latin America)
BBC World News
|Stichting Kabelnet Veendam|
|KTV Ltd. (Falkland Islands)||-|
|DNA Finland||Channel 260|
|Check local listing|
In Australia, an Australian version of BBC HD was broadcast on the Foxtel HD+ service which was made available to subscribers on 2 June 2008 and was officially launched at the end of June 2008. On 15 November 2009 it was replaced on Foxtel HD+ by UKTV HD.
During the first broadcast of BBC World News America, it was announced that BBC America HD would be launched in 2008. However, the HD version did not begin broadcasting until 20 July 2009.
BBC HD started broadcasting to the Scandinavian countries in 2008. A localised Latin American feed started in 2011. In 2012 a Brazilian feed was created, though later that year, the Brazilian feed merged with that for the rest of the region, with separate audio and subtitle channels.
It was launched in Romania on 31 December 2010, but closed on 6 August 2013.
BBC HD Nordics
BBC HD Nordics was a television channel broadcasting high-definition programming to Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland. The channel is also included in HD Cable Platform Teledünya in Turkey.
The channel was launched on 3 December 2008 from the Canal Digital platform and YouSee in Denmark. It was the third BBC HD channel overall (after the British BBC HD and BBC HD Australia), and the first in Continental Europe. The launch of BBC HD coincided with the launch of BBC Entertainment, BBC Lifestyle and BBC Knowledge in Scandinavia.
- BBC HD Australia website Archived 18 September 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- BBC America press release
- BBC HD Scandinavia website
- "Global BBC iPlayer to launch in Europe". Digital Spy. 14 June 2011.
- "Canal Digital opruster med 11 HD-kanaler". tvnyt.com. 3 December 2008.
- "BBC HD makes its European debut as BBC Worldwide launches channel portfolio in Scandinavia" (Press release). BBC Worldwide Press Releases. 1 October 2008.
- "BBC biffar upp i Sverige". Dagens Media. 13 November 2008.
- "BBC Nordic FAQ".